Achievements and Family history
My world is my job and my place in Warsaw’s Prague – a small workshop located in one of the oldest streets in the city, where Andrzej Wajda filmed one of his first movies – Pokolenie, in 1954.
But what is this story about?
A little bit about me, about you and your jewellery, the jewellery that you wish to create with me and gift to someone special. Maybe about the fact that you’re tired of shopping centres, mass production, lack of originality and soul. You want something more than just a decorative item, you want a work of art and a solid example of craft (Praga is a good place to look for craftspeople!)
Where did I come from and where did I learn jewellery making? It runs in the family… plus, naturally, the education I received at Łódź Academy of Fine Arts at the Department of Jewellery Design (beautiful 5 years of my life!) and plenty of professional jewellery training courses.
What about genes? My great grandfather was Andrzej Bolesław Schiffers. Collectors and experts in pre-war Warsaw cutlery and vessels will be familiar with Schiffers&Co. The factory opened in the 19th century, it was located on the right bank of the Vistula and employed over 100 people. After World War I it even had a branch in Teheran and completed orders for a Persian Shah (Andrzej Schiffers was quite a businessman ;). I have a small collection of sugar bowls, fruit bowls and other items from the family factory. Now I show them to my daughter in the hope that she’ll appreciate the beautiful things made by artists and craftspeople.
Metal has it’s secrets
This is why I stayed in Praga, why I chose to be a jeweller – metals have their secrets and even as a kid I wanted to learn about them. I love silver but working in gold is, as some say, my ‘kung fu’ 😉
What kind of jewellery can I make for you? Silver, gold, with gemstones or nice-looking zirconia. I try to rub a little bit of my passion for enamelling off on my customers. This is an old technique that gives original and beautiful results.
I don’t like being labelled and my skills let me work on a great deal of jewellery forms: modern, minimalist jewellery as well as classic, traditional and sumptuous designs.
Visit my workshop in my Praga at 9 Kępna Street.
Here’s a list of my qualifications and accomplishments for those of you who are interested:
- Expert Diamond Appraiser, Polish Gemmology Society
- Expert Gemstone Appraiser, Polish Gemmology Society
- member of Polish Guild of Artisan Masters
Awards and Distinctions:
- 2015 Amber Globe – the best jewellery design at the International Amberif Trade Fair in Gdańsk, award of Strzemiński Academy of Fine Arts student jury
- 2012 – 6th Salon of Artisan Masters, Łódź – Gold Medal
- 2012 – Nationwide Art Jewellery Competition “2012 Presentations”, Warsaw – Distinction awarded by Rodent company
- 2011 – 20th International Goldsmithery Competition “Sexy”, Art Gallery, Legnica, Silver Spur
- 2011 – 20th International Goldsmithery Competition “Sexy”, Art Gallery, Legnica, Award of Alchemy Gallery
- 2011 – 20th International Goldsmithery Competition “Sexy”, Art Gallery, Legnica, Award of Joachim Sokólski
- 2006 – Nationwide Art Jewellery Competition “2006 Presentations”, Warsaw – Second Prize
- – 2016 – “Sacred Jewellery” , Legnica- 2015 – “Polish Goldsmithery Groups”, Art Gallery, Legnica- 2015 – 24th International Goldsmithery Competition “Borders” – Holownia, Art Gallery, Legnica- 2013 – ALATA, Kaliningrad, Russia- 2013 – “The Common Point of View”, joint exhibition of graduates and teachers of the Department of Jewellery at the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź, Dubiel Gallery, Warsaw- 2013-2014 – permanent exhibition, District Museum, Konin- 2012 – “The Common Point of View”, joint exhibition of graduates and teachers of the Department of Jewellery at the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź, Open Gallery, Sandomierz- 2012 – Nationwide Art Jewellery Competition “2012 Presentations”, Warsaw- 2011 – 20th International Goldsmithery Competition “Sexy”, Art Gallery, Legnica- 2011 – “BIŻart”, Art Gallery, Legnica
– 2010-2014, Open Gallery, Sandomierz
– 2010 – Exhibition of graduates of the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź, Warsaw
– 2009 – “Collection of Contemporary Goldsmithery Works by Magdalena Kwiatkowska”, Modern Theatre, Warsaw
– 2009 – “BrylART”, Yes Gallery, Poznań
- 2008-2009 – „Czas Srebra i Bursztynu”, Galeria Sztuki, Legnica
- 2008 – „Opraw brylant w talent”, Galeria Yes, Poznań
- 2006 – Wystawa Grupy G7, Muzeum Sztuki Współczesnej, Łódź
- 2006 – Ogólnopolski Konkurs Biżuterii Artystycznej „Prezentacje 2006”, Warszawa
- 2005-2006 – V Międzynarodowy konkurs Młodych Projektantów „Obraz i Forma”, Sankt Petersburg (Rosja)
- 2005 – Ogólnopolski Konkurs Biżuterii Artystycznej „Prezentacje 2005”, Warszawa
- 2004 – „Biżuteria na medal”, Galeria Millano, Warszawa
- 2004 – XV Konkurs im. Władysława Strzemińskiego „Projekt”, Łódź
- 2004 – 13 Międzynarodowy Konkurs Sztuki Złotniczej „Short Message”, Galeria Sztuki, Legnica
- 2004 – Międzynarodowy Konkurs na Projekt Biżuterii z Bursztynem Amberif, Gdańsk
- 2004 – Ogólnopolski Konkurs Biżuterii Artystycznej „Prezentacje 2004”, Warszawa
- 2003 – Prezentacje młodych projektantów z Polski, Kopenhaga (Dania)
- 2003 – Ogólnopolski Konkurs Biżuterii Artystycznej „Prezentacje 2003”, Warszawa
– 2011 – Delivering lectures in: goldsmithery workshop, Antidotum Manufactory, Warsaw
– from 2006 – co-founder of G7 group
Works on Collections:
- Art Gallery, Legnica
- Museum in Konin